The Purina Dog Food, Best Review
Disclaimer: We independently research, review all the products we recommend because we love them and think you will too. This article contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a small commission for purchases made through these links.
Purina dog food offers both wet and dry options and Vet usually recommends this brand for your pet.
With so many varieties of brands available, the decision to buy the best dog food product is always a tough task.
It becomes extremely necessary for us to pick the right food for our fluffy friend as we want them to be healthy and fit as they are our every day companion.
Some dog owners prefer dry food as this food is not only healthy, but also clean your dog’s teeth due to chewing.
One thing which is to be noticed while selecting the food is the nutritional value and the size of the mouth of your fluffy friend.
The Purina pro plan is the advanced nutritious dog food and provided more than 80 varieties of food.
It has a dog food range as given below
- For all breeds Puppy
- Adult all breeds
- Small breed adult
- Healthy Weight Adult
The Purina Supercoat Smart blend is made with chicken that provides balanced nutritional value and is not mixed with artificial flavors or colors to give your puppy best of health.
Some of the benefits of this formula are given below
- It is made with chicken
- Docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) helps support brain and vision development. DHA is an omega-3 fatty acid found in cold-water, fatty fish, such as salmon etc.
- Contains Vitamin C & E which helps in developing immunity to fight of various diseases.
- The best part is that no artificial color or flavor is used.
- The product is extremely rich in calcium so as to support strong bone development.
Purina Pro Plan dog food meets FDA regulatory standards, and also adheres to nutritional guidelines laid out by the Association of American Feed Control Officials (AAFCO).
Purina super coat puppy formula is made for puppies up to 12 months
Ingredients for Puppy include
Cereals and Cereal products (Wheat, Rice bran, Corn); Chicken & Chicken products, Chicken oil and Hydrolyzed chicken protein); Vitamins and Minerals; Invert syrup; Soluble fiber; Dehydrated fish protein; and Milk solids.
7 to 10 days duration is needed for switching over to a Purina super blend formulation by initially mixing Purina food with the existing food and then slowly increase the quantity of the Purina.
Switching over should be like the one given below to avoid dietary upset
|Day 7 onwards||100%|
Pros and Cons of Purina dog food
- Since all natural products are used, the food is easy to digest, as reviewed by several customers on amazon the digestion problem of most of them is solved after taking this food.
- Considering the price range, the products are perfectly priced with all the best ingredients used to make them.
- The problem of scratching and itching is resolved to some extent by using this pet food which is a very positive feedback from customers.
- Strong smell after opening the dry food has forced some customers to post negative reviews.
- Since switching from the existing food to Purina dog food takes time, which impacts the digestive system of some pets.
Considering the overall product range and the pros and cons, we have come to the conclusion that this is one of the best brand of dog food and pet owner should definitely look towards getting the same for their pets.
Disclaimer: This article may contain affiliate links to products. We may receive a small commission for purchases made through these links.